Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 2015 00:06:00 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Simon Wright <simon.wright@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggestion to add build/revision number to "pkg stats"

--tVmo9FyGdCe4F4YN

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 09:43:51PM +0200, Simon Wright wrote:
> On 16/09/2015 22:58, mfv wrote:
>=20
> snipped
>=20
> > The build number is only available when the build begins, but the
> > package upgrade is not possible until the build process ends many
> > hours later.  Moreover, it is also possible to update the port tree to
>=20
> snipped
>=20
> > A simple solution would be to have the build number available as part
> > of a port upgrade and made available in "pkg stats".  Its output
> > could look like this:
> >
> > Local package database:
>=20
> snipped
>=20
> > Even better would be an argument to "pkg stats" that would only output
> > the revision number, say "pkg stats -n"
> >
> > After running "pkg upgrade", it would then be an easy to extract the
> > build number of that particular upgrade and then sync the ports tree to
> > that number using subversion or, my favourite, svnup.
>=20
> +1, this information would be very useful for me. It might be=20
> necessary to be able to specify a specific repository as well as the=20
> local/remote switch; I have two remotes configured, my one built by=20
> poudriere and also the "latest" freebsd.org repo.
>=20
> Simon.

This is a bit more complexe than that as the ports tree can be checked out =
=66rom
portsnap, svn, git etc (aka different id).

The right way would be to package the ports tree itself along with other
packages so if you need to build something: pkg install ports and you are a=
lways
100% sure to be on good ports tree.

But we are not there yet :(

Best regards,