Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      michael@blueneptune.com
To:        dan@dpcsys.com (Dan Busarow)
Cc:        mheath@netspace.net.au, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is there still problems with Adaptec UW controllers (fwd)

> I believe that the adaptec problems have been resolved.
>
> I'm forwarding this to the ISP list for confirmation.

We had a similar problem with a news server here, also with an
Adaptec UW controller.  It would definitely crash under 2.2.2,
and I believe under one of the more recent updates as well.  We
were able to get the system running by going back to 2.1.7.  One
item that was perhaps somewhat non-standard is that the system
has a K6 CPU, not an Intel CPU.

I was not the person handling the installation, and my knowledge
of the fine details is minimal at this moment, but I will ask the
person who did this for more details, and post a followup message
later in the day.

--
Michael Bryan
michael@blueneptune.com