Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:40:50 -0400
From:      Richard Costine <rjc@n2k.com>
To:        info@i2osig.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Brian Clapper <bmc@willscreek.com>, "Brian Clapper (work)" <clapper@platinum.com>, "Chuck Murko (work)" <chuck@infonautics.com>
Subject:   FreeBSD support for I20

I currently run a version of FreeBSD (2.2.2). Will the I2O spec
eventually be made generally available for the developers of "Free"
software, (ie. those that supply the OS source code, and therefore the
specification to the end users of the software) or will I have to switch
operating system platforms to a supported vendor in order to utilize the
new hardware that is produced under this specification?