Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 21:05:59 -0400
From:      Kent Hauser <kent@tfd.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   custom pcmcia drivers

Hi all,

I have an odd request. I want to be able to use a "Frederic Engineering"
serial data analyzer under FreeBSD.
The unit (under W98) connects via a PCMCIA card which allows a data
buffer in the unit to be uploaded to the PC for analysis.

I'm willing to (re)write the analysis software -- as this is a project I
just undertake anyway. What I want is to be able to suck up the data.

Questions:

1) Is there an easy way to monitor W98->PCMCIA card transactions? I
guess I'm asking if there is a ktrace clone which works for this
application.

2) How hard is it to write a user-land (or lkm) module to provide access
to a PCMCIA card interface.

Thanks for comments/suggestions.

Kent