Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 2008 06:35:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Wes Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        jb@what-creek.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unresponsive after dtrace

I know this has been reported already, but I want to give a "me too".
After installing a new world and kernel from the tree yesterday afternoon,
I let my system run all night. This morning everything was extremely
sluggish and unresponsive. According to top, which I thankfully left
running, processes were going in and out of "*kmem_" (obviously
truncated). CPU usage was 80+% system and load averages were around 5.4.
The only changes I made to my system besides upgrading were to include the
options KDB, DDB and STACK in my kernel for zfs functionality.
Unfortunately, I cannot try without those options since my root is zfs.
Booting a kernel from 8/20 works fine.