Date:      Sat, 29 May 2010 15:02:40 +0200
From:      Roman Divacky <rdivacky@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   [TESTING]: ClangBSD branch needs testing before the import to HEAD

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

hi,

ClangBSD was updated to LLVM/clang revision 104832 which is what we aim to =
import
into HEAD in roughly a week. We would like the initial import to be as pain=
less
as possible and therefore we ask you to test ClangBSD to assure that the re=
vision
we are importing does not have some really embarassing bugs.

How to do it (on i386 and amd64):

0) install fresh devel/llvm-devel port

1) svn co http://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/clangbsd src

2) echo NO_WERROR=3D >> /etc/src.conf ; echo WERROR=3D >> /etc/src.conf

3) cd src && make buildworld

4) make installworld DESTDIR=3D/usr/clangbsd

5) (optional) try to build kernel with clang and boot it

	5.1) cd /sys/{arch}/conf
	5.2) config YOUR_KERNEL
	5.3) setenv CC clang in tcsh or export CC=3Dclang in bash
	5.4) cd ../compile/YOUR_KERNEL
	5.5) make && make install

please make sure that it builds (on amd64/i386) and that the resulting world
is runnable. ie. try to chroot into it and "do stuff". ie.

	chroot /clangbsd /bin/tcsh

	... stuff ...

there's a wiki page on this effort: http://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSD=
WithClang

please report back any problems/success to me and/or this mailing list.=20

thank you for your testing!

Roman Divacky on behalf of the ClangBSD team

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--