Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 18:25:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        peter@netplex.com.au
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GCC extended asm experts please look at this

In article <20000703003530.9B6AB1CD7@overcee.netplex.com.au>,
Peter Wemm  <peter@netplex.com.au> wrote:

> If I change it to use a static inline function, it seems to work and
> will generate identical code (with -O):

Thanks!  I'll give that a try in both places where I'm having this
problem.

> It appears to generate valid code without -O, but I am not 100%
> sure.  It is very inefficient without -O.

OK, I'll look at the code closely and try to convince myself that it's
correct.  I don't care if it's inefficient without optimization.  I'm
just trying to avoid having to field problem reports from people who
for some reason build world without optimization.  (This is for the
dynamic linker.)

Thanks again for the help!

John