Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:50:08 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        <daniel.chayvialle@laposte.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPoE

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:07:33 +0100
"jerome delabre" <jdelabre@matra-def.fr> wrote:

|O|>I'm trying to install PPPoE on FreeBSD4.2-Release 486 box as my cable ISP
|O|>switches to this protocol (please don't ask me why). The thing is when I run
|O|>ppp command, it defaults to cuaa0 as a link, instead of ed0 as configured in
|O|>ppp.conf.

 Daniel:  You should search the archives as this has been discussed in great detail in just the last 2 or 3 weeks.

 A small change to your ppp setup will fix the cuaa0 vs ed0 problem. It's just a configuration change in your profile.

 My personal advice on the Netgraph thing, especially with FreeBSD 4.2 is to rebuild your kernel with all FOUR netgraph options.

 All of this information has just gone by recently. In fact, I recently emailed somebody a complete run down of what to include in the kernel, and a working sample pppd.conf as well as what needs to be in /etc/rc.conf

 Do some digging -- everything you need is here and readily available.