Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:02:24 -0500
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mutt-emacs-sh and curses (was Re: pine4 and mutt)

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 03:51:00PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> > > in -stable (also from the mutt list). Since there is a ncurses port, could
> > > mutt depend on this also?
> >
> > Hmmm, I might vote for this, as mutt is acting very flakey in my xterm, and
> > doesn't compile on one of our more decrepid machines. :)
>
> Which OS?

FreeBSD ... actually, it's flakey thus;
FreeBSD-STABLE xterm -> rsh -> FreeBSD-CURRENT -> mutt

It's quite happy thusly;
FreeBSD-CURRENT xterm -> ssh -> FreeBSD-STABLE -> rsh -> FreeBSD-CURRENT ->
mutt

> Describe "flakey".

Most notably, upon suspend, when brought to foreground the screen is blank
until I hit ^L.  As well, nothing is cleared upon exiting the program, and
my prompt turns up confusingly in the midst of the former mutt screen.  Other
minor inconsistencies with drawing and color as well, but nothing that
inteferes with functionality.  To be sure, the systems I'm running on are all
somewhat flakey in their own rights.  (Too many hackeresque former employees
with root access and flakey Samsung hard disks.)

I'm not losing any sleep over these troubles that I experience, as I have a
feeling that nobody else would be either.

-danny

--
  //       dannyman yori aiokomete       ||  Our Honored Symbol deserves
\\/ http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/  ||  an Honorable Retirement (UIUC)