Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:20:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        Carlton Haycock <chaycock1@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfilter vs ipfw

Seems that IPFilter does BETTER stateful rules than a "hack" (a friends term)
to IPFW to do dynamic rules.

From running ipfw for a short time, I've converted over to ipfilter.

I just wish the rc* scripts supported ipfilter better, and that there
was some standard reporting mechanism for the logging output like there
is for ipfw.

Larry Rosenman

Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 (voice) Internet: ler@lerctr.org