Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 1995 00:05:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Christian <PLAZAS_CHRISTIAN@mercury.csg.peachnet.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unix program to make a pc into an ethernet bridge

On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Christian wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am wondering if there was a program (daemon) that runs under
> FreeBSD or Unix in general that will do ethernet to ethernet
> bridging...I found one such program, its called PCBridge, but its for
> dos and its written in assembler.  Thanks

No special program needed.  FreeBSD does this, when the GATEWAY ip option
is enabled.  This isn't a simple thing, you know, setting up a node, you
have to know a bit about tcpip routing, things like how to set up named.
If you don't know how to do this, write again asking for a reference or
two, you are in for some study time.

> C.P.
>
> ____________
>
> Christian Plazas <plazas_christian@cc.csg.peachnet.edu>
> Columbus College, Columbus,GA
> 706.568.3045

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

     Here's OJ's internet address in hex code:
           00 2F 2F 2F 2F 5C 7F 2D 0D 15 1B 19 24 24 24 18
           If you can't recall the translation, here it is:
           null character, slash, slash, slash, slash, backslash, rubout, dash,
           carriage return, negative acknowledgement, escape, end of media,
           dollar sign, dollar sign, dollar sign, cancel