Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:10:25 -0600
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        Oded Shanoon <odeds@mellanox.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org" <freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SRP + Infiniband + FreeBSD 10

> On Oct 22, 2014, at 9:57 AM, Oded Shanoon <odeds@mellanox.com> wrote:
>=20
> We (Mellanox) are now working on updating the IB lower modules to update R=
DMA code and add RoCE capability (RDMA over Ethernet).
> SRP is currently not on our plans but we will help if someone wishes to do=
 porting of the SRP module from Linux.

Great, thank you for the update. What use case(s) for RDMA do you have plans=
 to support?

d@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of John Nielsen
> Sent: Monday, October 13, 2014 8:12 PM
> To: freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: SRP + Infiniband + FreeBSD 10
>=20
> It's been a few months since I sent this, but I'd still love any responses=
. Can anyone tell me what the status of SRP (or RDMA in general) with Infini=
Band on FreeBSD is? Specifically interested in Mellanox ConnectX 3 cards, so=
 input from the Mellanox folks on the list would be much appreciated.
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
>> On Jan 23, 2014, at 2:27 PM, John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net> wrote:
>>=20
>> Can someone tell me if SRP can be used with Infiniband on FreeBSD 10? Any=
 success or horror stories? If you've done this, how was the performance? Wh=
at software did you use?
>>=20
>> Currently using a Solaris server to export ZFS zvols via SRP; trying to d=
etermine if replacing it with FreeBSD would be feasible (or a good idea).