Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:45:58 +0200
From:      Bram Moolenaar <Bram@moolenaar.net>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Missing dependency in FreeBSD ports

While attempting to install the textproc/docproj port, I ran into this
error:

checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
Found Python version 2.2
Warning: Missing libxml2-python
Enabling debugger
checking for libxml libraries >= 2.4.23... configure: error: Version 2.4.12 found. You need at least libxml2 2.4.23 for this version of libxslt
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to gnome@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
      the "/usr/ports/textproc/libxslt/work/libxslt-1.0.20/config.log"
      including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might
      be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
      system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/libxslt.
*** Error code 1

Is this a known problem?  If you need additional info, let me know.

I installed libxml2 manually and building continued.

- Bram

--
WOMAN:   King of the who?
ARTHUR:  The Britons.