Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:58:32 +0400
From:      Peter Vereshagin <peter@vereshagin.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   svn bdb checkout?

Hello.

By far the 'portsnap' has a lag from svn. I think firefox-18.0,1 update was
late at 4 days at the least, for instance.

Thus I'd like to move to svn for base and ports.

The only problem for me personally with svn is: its multiple '.svn'
directoriees all over the repo.

This is what I get checkouting every possible svn repository on the web.

I've heard about 'bdb' kind of storage on the contrast from 'fsfs' which is
what I complain about, the my '.svn's trouble source.

So I'd like to know how could I checkout the sources without those '.svn'
freakages. Just couldn't ixquick it out.

The only possible way I know by the moment is: svn dump | svn restore kind of
from the checked out repo to the newly created 'bdb' one. But I even have no
idea if it can be updated from the same source again.

And, 'bdb' svn backend is known of its lack of reliability. Should I treat it
seriously in such a case, e. g., the repositories are a kind of large?

Any clues?

Thank you.

--
Peter Vereshagin <peter@vereshagin.org> (http://vereshagin.org) pgp: 1754B9C1