Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:15:07 -0700
From:      nekhbet@rt66.com
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        nekhbet@rt66.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: static nat and ipfw not seeing translation

Brian,
  I tried the -unregistered_only switch and got it working.  Then
I rebooted again and tried it, but it failed.  After trying several
combinations it seemed that the order of the natd commands is what
is making it work or not.  Sounds weird huh?

  So for anyone who run across this thread, this is what worked for
me.

 I have a subnet with (not the
 real numbers) 200.0.0.1 on the interface card talking to the net.
 200.0.0.3 is the static ip that I want for my other machine whose
 internal ip is 192.168.0.3.  My gateway nic has the internal address
 of 192.168.0.1.  These are the rules and the natd command I am using:

 natd -n tun0 -redirect_address 192.168.0.3 200.0.0.3 -unregistered_only

 divert natd ip from any to 200.0.0.3 in from tun0
 divert natd ip from 192.168.0.3 to any out via tun0
 divert natd ip from any to any via tun0

-aron warren

ps. thanks brian.