Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 14:27:40 +0900
From:      Shigeyuki Fukushima <shige@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brian Behlendorf <brian@collab.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/25360: xv-3.10a fails to build

At Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:30:01 -0800 (PST),
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

Hello.

>  I'm seeing this to.  I think it's because of this in the Makefile:
>
>  # Workaround: pdf.patch and mp-tiff-patch must be fetched from my own site.
>  #             These are modified for applying after jp-extension-patch.
>
>  I think "my own site" refers to
>  ftp://ftp.airlab.cs.ritsumei.ac.jp/pub/X/xv-jp-extension/working/, and
>  ftp.airlab.cs.ritsumei.ac.jp is unresolvable (at least to my DNS).
>  However, commenting out those patches does not solve the problem; now,
>  xv-png-1.2d.patch fails to patch, even with offset.

I'm sorry.
Above "my own site" refers to
http://www.yuasa.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~shige/FreeBSD/ports/xv/.

These to patch is modified from original patch which is in
ftp://ftp.trilon.com/pub/xv/patches/.

This is because the following patch is applyed correctly:
  xv-png-1.2d.patch, xvpng-1.2d-fix3.patch, and jp-ext-bzip2.patch.

Some days ago, I fixed this ports.
I'm sorry to trouble you,
but please delete xv distfiles, and try fetch & make again!

Thank you for your PR.
--- shige <shige@FreeBSD.org>