Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2017 14:33:37 -0700
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: foswiki fails to install

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 19:15:19 +0000 Doug Sampson <dougs@dawnsign.com> wrote

> I'm trying to install a fresh instance of www/foswiki version 2.1.3 and it's
> failing as follows:
>
> root@draco:/usr/ports/www/foswiki # make install clean
> ===>  Patching for foswiki-2.1.3
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for foswiki-2.1.3
> File to patch:
> No file found--skip this patch? [n] y
> 1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to Oops.rej
> => FreeBSD patch patch-minifycss failed to apply cleanly.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foswiki
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foswiki
> root@draco:/usr/ports/www/foswiki #
>
> What's up? Why would I need to apply patch(es) when installing for the first
> time?
There are frequently patches required to install
software from the ports tree. Whether a first-time install,
or an upgrade.
In *this* case, however; I submitted pr(1) 217342, that
upgraded www/foswiki from 1.1.9 -> 2.1.3. The svn diff I
provided, *deleted* 2 files (patches) that were needed in
version 1.1.9, but not in version 2.1.3. However, the
deleted patches weren't reflected in the merge (commit)
435357. I became aware of this shortly after the commit,
and opened a new pr(1) -- 217759, to address the issue.
But no one has responded.
In the short-term, you can simply delete the following
two files within the www/foswiki port:
files/patch-minifycss
files/patch-minifyjs

and the port will install as intended. I can't
explain why the files still show up, after the commit.
They should have been deleted.

HTH

--Chris