Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:04:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jay Kuri <jaykuri@oneway.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape with Java, port, mkfontsdir, still broken.. help?

Hi,

   Can someone tell me what I'm overlooking in getting netscape with java
support to work?  I tried using the port, modifying it to install the
release tar.gz file, and to install the java_30 file instead of
moz_30.zip.  It installed correctly, I tried running it (from the
'netscape.sh' or just plain 'netscape'), netscape comes up, but java
does not work.  It doesn't display the 'alternate' java text, just doesn't
work at all.  I tried the mkfontsdir; chmod 444 fonts.dir thing too, but
still no-dice... can anyone point me in the right direction?

---
Everyone can be taught to sculpt:  Michelangelo would have had to be
taught how not to.  So it is with the great programmers.