Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:27:53 +1100
From:      "Gavin Cameron" <gavin@itworks.com.au>
To:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Getting IBM to release software for IBM

Hi all,

I'd like to get a team together of people who would like to see IBM natively
support FreeBSD as a platform for software like DB2, Tivoli and WebSphere.

discuss what software we should ask IBM to port without annoying the rest of
the people on -chat.

What I'd like to see come out of the discussions on the mailing list is a
list of software that we'd like to see ported and that we would be willing
to purchase and install for ourselves and our clients. I'd also like to come
up with a list of resources that we can give to IBM so that they know
who/where to contact if they have any problems with the operating system or
the porting process. We should also give them a list of benefits to them if
they agree to port their software.

IBM already use FreeBSD in their InterJet appliance so full support of
FreeBSD would be a logical progression.

One possibility would also be a port of FreeBSD to their RS/6000 machines.

If we can get more IBM support for FreeBSD it would be a great thing for all
of us.

If you are interested please subscribe to the mailing list by sending an
E-mail to freebsd-ibm-subscribe@lists.itworks.com.au. Once subscribed you
can send an E-mail to the list by E-mailing
freebsd-ibm@lists.itworks.com.au.

To give people enough time to subscribe I think we shouldn't start the
discussion until 01:00 GMT on Mon 19 March 2000.

Cheers
Gavin Cameron