Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:52:36 +0200
From:      Maxim Ignatenko <gelraen.ua@gmail.com>
To:        Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, gerald@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wine, mixer pcm volume reset to 0:0

2009/3/28 Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>:
> On Friday 27 March 2009 21:09:44 Kjell Tore Ullavik wrote:
>> I played around with wine-1.1.17. I don't know why it's marked
>> ignore, it works for me on CURRENT (with windows firefox and flash
>> 10 among other things)
>>
>> Anyway, I dicovered a regression since wine-1.1.0. When using music
>> players like Winamp and Spotify, the mixer pcm volume keeps beeing
>> reset to 0:0 between each song beeing played. If I do 'mixer pcm
>> 100:100' I can hear the rest of the song, before volume is set to
>> 0:0 again.
>
> What if you set it to 90:90?

It doesn't important what exact value is, it's reset to 0 when running
application do something except just playing single stream (it is my
impression).
I have the same issue on -CUREENT, and it seems to appear only with
OSS sound driver in wine. With JACK all works normally (except crashes
with "err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x146c44 "dsound.c:
DirectSoundDevice.mixlock" wait timed out in thread 002e, blocked by
0000, retrying (60 sec)"), but I failed to get any sound with NAS,
while native NAS applications (i.e. games/qnetwalk) works fine.