Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:14:33 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <kalts@estpak.ee>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>, Scotty <saldane@canofsleep.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA problems

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:59:33PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav
<des@ofug.org> wrote:

> Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk> writes:
> > It seems Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> > > ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=1 - resetting
> > > ad0: invalidating queued requests
> > That why it is disabled, its not working for the time being.
>
> For me, "the time being" == "since it was introduced in the tree".  It
> has never worked for me, ever.  That's the point I was trying to make.

It's probably dependent of your ATA controller. You have the
infamous P5A board with ALi chipset, it has timekeeping problems
also if I remember. I've used DTLA and DPTA disk behind PIIX4
controller and have had zero problems after the initial development
did settle.
--

Vallo Kallaste