Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:00:58 -0200
From:      Ronaldo Toledo Morais <rtoledo@viareal.com.br>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serial Terminal hangs on calling full screen SCO app

Hello  Free People.

I'm replacing a SCO server by a FreeBSD one using ibcs. The terminals
are connected via Lan and cables attached to a  Cyclades multiserial
board.
The app runs Ok at  the console server and at the Lan terminals(via
Telnet) though it requires TERM=ansi  to function properly. The problem
arises when I try to call it at a serial terminal using minicom or dip.

The terminal is configured as ansi
The  /etc/ttys shows

ttyc0 "/usr/libexec/getty std.19200" ansi  on insecure

At the terminal I could make login ok  and call any application, such as

lynx, vi, etc..   But if I call the main  application the terminal hangs

without showing nothing, no more keys are accepted. It seems the
connection to the server is lost though the processe running the
application is showed (running at ttyc0) by ps.
Any ideas about that.? I tried to put the output of  stty -a  identical
to the output showed  by the same command on terminals where the app
runs ok.

Greetings.

Ronaldo Toledo