Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:33:04 -0700
From:      Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secondary IDE-PCI interface invisible

Hate following up on myself like this, but I got it working.

The problem seems to be related to the ATAPI code.  Relevant
section of my config is:

controller      isa0
controller      pci0

controller      fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2
disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
disk            fd1     at fdc0 drive 1

controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 flags
0xa0ffa0ff
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive 1

controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 flags 0xb0ff
disk            wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
#disk           wd3     at wdc1 drive 1

#controller     pnp0

options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM

PRIOR to this morning I had had the two "options ATAPI" related lines
commented out.  In the midst of my preparations for hara-kiri, it came
to me:
Most ATAPI stuff (CD's, etc.) are generally put on the secondary, at
least,
in my admittedly limited experience with the genre.  So I uncommented
them,
re-compiled.  BING!    Secondary interface now detected, drive attached,
and accessible.

There is something the IDE-PCI stuff is not doing that it should.  Will
submit formal PR this evening, gotta run now.  BUT IT WORKS!!! YAY!!!

Dann Lunsford