Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:21:10 +0200
From:      Fabrizio Poggi <poggif@casaccia.enea.it>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Let 3.x die ASAP?

At 23.29 28/03/00 -0800, you wrote:

>> I am so impressed with the results of upgrading my more important
>> machines to 4.0 or 4-stable that I could imagine not to produce any
>> more 3.x releases.
>
>That may be, but we've already promised one more "capstone" for the
>3.x branch and I think an equal or greater number of people would be
>upset not to get this.  The 3.x branch will end with 3.5 in May 2000.
>
>- Jordan

Mmm... What rumors about the marvellous 4.0! You will I make CVSup huh? I
know I'll try soon or later this wonder, destroing my beautiful 3.4
(curiosity kill the cat)...
;)
At home, during ppp connection, I detect a repeated message "kernel :
overflow of a nfsiod" who nfsiod is a device driver (bad modem?) or a
serial peripherals (from man pages), generally with slow machines. Anyone
has the same problem or can tell if it is a marginal effect of normal loss
of packets (if necessary I can submit the exact log line)?

Regards, Fabrizio