Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:27:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Will Saxon <saxonww@ufl.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   mouse question

Hello,

Not certain what list this ought to go to, perhaps -questions so I
apologize if this is not the right one.

I was wondering if there could be a way to 'force' a type of ps/2 mouse. I
have a logitech firstmouse+, with a wheel. It works fine if it is plugged
directly into the back of this machine. However, I have it running through
a KVM switch so that I can have one mouse for both of my machines. When
in this configuration, the wheel action never works (although it works on
the other machine, which runs windows), and the button action sometimes
also doesn't work (this is rare).

When plugged into the switch, I get this:

psm0: failed to get data.
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0

When plugged directly into the machine the third line comes up with
MouseMan+.

I have tried to manipulate moused to account for the wheel by mapping the
wheel events as extra buttons, and I have tried to do the same in
XF86Config. Neither work.

Not terribly important, but it would be nice to know if there is something
I can do about it.

-Will