Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:09:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dependence on a shared library.

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Bill Fumerola wrote:

> I'm currently working on a port that needs the includes(and of cource the
> library) from /usr/ports/graphics/gd. I'm trying to figure out the best
> way to depend on the installation of this ports/package. I _could_ look
> for the binaries that are installed with this port/package, but that seems
> kind of silly as I don't need the binaries, just the headers.

Since the existence of the port's binaries implies the existence of the
headers, why is that silly?  It happens to be the way that many other
ports work, like many that depend on tcl.

> I obviously can't use LIB_DEPEND, so what should I use?
>

>  	  bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com
>       computer horizons corp - www.computerhorizons.com
>   ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bill_fumerola@computerhorizons.com

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).