Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:25:04 +0100
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        Matthias Rampke <matthias.rampke@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the state of FreeBSD on the SheevaPlug?

On 2010-02-23, at 15:55, Matthias Rampke wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 15:21, Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com> =
wrote:
>=20
>> - the above applies to both 8-STABLE and HEAD
>>=20
>=20
> So in terms of SheevaPlug-support, there is no reason not to use =
8-STABLE?

It's supposed to work on 8-STABLE.

> Netbooting is not really a (permanent) solution for me, since if I had
> a NFS server permanently on, I'd have no need for a SheevaPlug ...
> I'll see what I can get to USB-wise.
>=20
> Rafal: is the SD driver available as a patch, as long as it's not in
> the main tree? Being able to boot from SD cards would be an almost
> ideal solution, second only to internal flash (which is still way off
> due to lack of a NAND filesystem, I know).

There isn't ready to apply patch, sorry; while the SD/MMC driver itself =
is a pretty self-contained piece of code =
(http://people.freebsd.org/~raj/misc/mv_sdio.c), there are extensions =
and updates required to the GPIO code to make it work (some MMC lines go =
through the GPIO, we need to handle debouncing for presence detect =
signals and so on); we have other local GPIO modifications, and this is =
where some work is required to distill, clean up and reintagrate with =
HEAD.

Keep nagging me about it and I'll finally complete the integration :-)

Rafal