Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 07:25:41 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "~/.signature" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WinModem --but which is which?

> Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:04:50 -0400
> From: "~/.signature" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
>

> I have an A21p thinkpad coming tomorrow with the ethernet/modem combo.
> Is this one of the usable ones?  IBM's pages refer to the "miniPCI"
> modem, which seems to be something separate.
>
> Or someone *could* tell me that that one has a real modem, but I'm not
> holding my breath :)

I don't know for sure, but from the looks of things, it's probably a
Lucent WinModem. It might be an IBM mWave, but I don't think that they
are still using it in new models.

If it is a Lucent, the port of the LinModem code to FreeBSD might well
work, but until we get some reports of success or failure, there is no
way to know for sure.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)