Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:36:26 +0900 (KST)
From:      CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        cjh@freebsd.org
Subject:   bridge + ipfw fwd?

Hi,

I found packet forwarding by 'ipfw fwd' doesn't work for bridged
configuration - linking 2 ethernet cards. I use bridged firewall for
our office network, I tried to configure transparent proxy in the
level of firewall.

I looked the code contains bdg_forward() in sys/, but I found only it
is not implemented at least in 4.7. Is there any patches for
implementing it or still it is to-do features? Or do we have a
reason why bridge+ipfw fwd is impossible?

p.s. Please keep me on Cc:.

--
CHOI Junho <http://www.kr.FreeBSD.org/~cjh>;          <cjh at kr.FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD Project <cjh at FreeBSD.org>        Web Data Bank <cjh at wdb.co.kr>