Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:55:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        sef@kithrup.com (Sean Eric Fagan)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB drivers

It seems Sean Eric Fagan wrote:
> In article <199901241256.NAA25980.kithrup.freebsd.hackers@freebsd.dk> you write:
> >Do you have any pointers for cheap cameras ?? I just bought a USB
> >color cam for US$60...
>
> I had hoped to get a camera through Jordan and the FreeBSD project (there is
> apparantly a connectix quikcam, colour and B&W, floating around, but I've
> given up on them coming my way).  If there is support for USB color cam's, I'd
> dearly love to know about it...

Me too!!
Actually I bought the USB cam to try to write a driver for it, for my
purpose ~5frames/sec would be more than sufficient, and that should
be feasible with an USB cam using noncompressed frames. The tricky
part is to find out how to talk the camera into doing it :)

I'll have to finsih the USB keyboard thing first though....

-Søren