Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 09:35:58 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi Asami), chuckr@glue.umd.edu, sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PREFIX with X11 ports

> Can't you make wrappers for the xwindows programs where you set
> the variables to the appropriate values (I use XAPPLRESDIR for
> example).

I think this somewhat misses the point - moving everything out of
/usr/X11R6 is a lot of *work*, and I'd certainly imagine that Satoshi
has more than enough of that right now. :-)

Can we just leave this as it is and stop rocking the boat when we've
got plenty of other more important issues to deal with in the ports
collection (like finally implementing a distfile search path so that I
can include a CDROM's distfiles transparently in the user's search
path)?

						Jordan