Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 15:11:30 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        wkt@cs.adfa.edu.au
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kldload: Exec format error, is 4.2 problem?

On 04-Jan-01 Warren Toomey wrote:
>  No, I don't see any kernel messages in /var/log/messages. I downloaded
>  and used the vmware port for FreeBSD 4.2 after I'd moved to 4.2-STABLE.
>
>  Has there been any changes to kernel modules, magic numbers etc. that
>  would cause this problem?

Hmm.. well generally when you update your kernel source you need to update the kld's
as well. This happens automatically when you build a kernel for the 'normal' kld's,
but the ones which come in ports (vmware, skip) need to be updated by rebuilding the
port.

>  I'll try reading through imgact_elf.c and compare magic numbers there
>  with the values in the .ko files.

Good luck :)

---
are so many of them to choose from."