Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 1999 19:00:41 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SANE installation fails and Kodak DC20

Last friday or so I installed the SANE port. All went well. However, in
the manual (http://www.mostang.com/sane/) I read:

After installing SANE, you should be able to type the command

    scanimage --list-devices

and get the output shown below:

    device `mustek:/dev/scanner' is a Mustek MFC-06000CZ flatbed scanner
    device `pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device `pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device

But when I give that command it lists no devices whatsoever. Not even
the noname virtual device.

Can anyone help me set it up properly? Though I do have a, probably
unsupported, SCSI scanner (AcerScan 300F) I'm mostly interested in
using it with the Kodak DC20 camera which it does support.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.