Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:06:30 +0300
From:      ODHIAMBO Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        Nick Kraal <nick@arc.net.my>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache2 error

* Nick Kraal <nick@arc.net.my> [20030806 13:00]: wrote:
> Just installed Apache2 from the port collection. But starting this gets me
> this error. Any ideas?
>
> blossom# /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start

Do you have something else listening on the same ports, like an old apache?

sockstat -l | grep 80

> Unable to open logs

You have to check the httpd.conf and make sure that you have setup the User/Group
configs. Then check the *Log directives and make sure the permissions are right.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@wananchi.com>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"APL is a write-only language.  I can write programs in APL, but I
can't read any of them."
		-- Roy Keir