Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 16:06:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      mlduke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sysadmin Material

Somebody asked.

The following is from my Unix Mentor who knows what he is about;
Begin quote:

He  probably wants "the Complete FreeBSD" from Walnut creek.

He also wants:
"Unix in a Nutshell" O'Reilly
"Learning the Vi Editor" O'Reilly
"Essential System Administration" by Aeleen Frisch -- O'Reilly
"4.4BSD System Manager's Manual" O'Reilly
"Unix System Administration" by Nemeth -- (Prentice Hall, I think)

In addition:
"The Unix Programming Environment" by Kernighan & Pike -- Prentice Hall
"Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment" by Stevens -- Addison-Wesley
"Programming Perl" O'Reilly (The Camel Book)