Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:46:00 -0800
From:      steve@Watt.COM (Steve Watt)
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   bug in daily/security?

I upgraded two systems yesterday afternoon to -STABLE, around 2100 UTC.
On both systems, the security check last night got a disturbing message:

cmp: EOF on /tmp/security.Gp3TTMhi3j

It shows up after the ipfw denied list and before kernel log messages.
The two systems are fairly different, config-wise.  Neither uses IPv6,
one uses ipfw, the other does not.

Looking in /etc/security, it appears that things aren't consistent about
when stderr from cmp gets dumped to /dev/null.  I remember seeing some
change there when I ran mergemaster, but it seemed mostly harmless.

Thoughts?  Real bug, or some transient due to upgrade that I can ignore?

Thx,

--
Steve Watt KD6GGD  PP-ASEL-IA          ICBM: 121W 56' 57.8" / 37N 20' 14.9"
 Internet: steve @ Watt.COM                         Whois: SW32