Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2010 02:49:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Mueller <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>
To:        Kazuhiro Satoyoshi <satoyoshi_421@yahoo.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.5.1-RELEASE

--- On Tue, 12/7/10, Kazuhiro Satoyoshi <satoyoshi_421@yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> =A0 Hi, I'm kazu from Japan.
> I'd like to install [freebsd 3.5.1-RELEASE] into my PC.
> (I have no idea wether this version(3.5.1) is proper for my
> PC...)
> =A0 I browsed around Internet, but I could't find this
> FILES.
> =A0 How can I do?
> I need your help!
 =A0=A0=A0
> =A0 I think my PC is like below:
> FMV DESKPER ME4/535P
 =A0=A0=A0
> =A0 sincerely,
> =A0 kazu

I found it, and you're not limited to 3.5.1.

ftp://ftp-archive@freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/i386/ISO-IMA=
GES/

You can also get other architectures besides i386, and if you don't want IS=
O-images. you can also get it by bits and pieces, which could be useful if =
you install through the ftp server.

Still, perhaps you don't really need such an old version.

I once downloaded the ISO for 2.2.9 for an old computer , Cx486DX-2S at 66 =
MHz, 20 MB RAM, hard drive controller apparently went bad, all I have to in=
stall onto is a SCSI Iomega Zip 250 on Trantor T130B SCSI card which also r=
uns the internal CD-ROM drive, apparently not supported in FreeBSD >=3D 3.0=
.  I failed to access the CD on the first few tries.