Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:52:20 -0800
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>, "Walter W. Hop" <walter@binity.com>, John Indra <john@naver.co.id>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tab-tab behaviour...

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 03:47:36AM -0800, Dima Dorfman wrote:

> This is correct; unfortunately, many shells (bash, et al) do something
> weird like telling you that you should use "logout" instead.  I hate
> typing logout.  C-d just makes so much sense...

I can quit bash just fine with C-d.  I don't think I've had to override
any defaults to do it, either.

I find that a lot of sysadmins put "set ignoreeof" in their global
tcsh startup file.  Along with aliasing rm, mv, and cp to add "-i" to
the options.  Drives me bonkers.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Eight lanes of shimmering cement from
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * here to Pasadena!