Date:      Fri, 03 Nov 2000 12:05:46 +0900
From:      Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        hosokawa@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Driver Floppy" implementation (Re: "make release" breakage - dokern.sh patch 2)

hosokawa> Maybe it's current.jp.freebsd.org's problem

I don't think so. It's a mismatch that all object files are created
under /usr/src/modules but make install assumes that these are under
(maybe) /usr/obj. Maybe it's a fault of some Makefiles (sorry I dunno
who change the policy of module compilation directories, did you?).

I've done "cd /usr/src/modules; make clean" under -current buildtree
to remove them.

You say that I should always run "make clean" under all source code
directory since somebody causes a mistake to use /usr/src for object?
Maybe it's O.K., but before I'm doing, the committer who breaks the
policy should be blamed :-)

BTW, I've not received your email; are you busy working?

-- -
Makoto `MAR' MATSUSHITA