Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:47:39 +0300
From:      Dmitry Rybin <kirgudu@kirgudu.org>
To:        Vitaliy Vladimirovich <artemrts@ukr.net>
Cc:        Mark Pagulayan <m.pagulayan@auckland.ac.nz>, freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PF Performance on FreeBSD 6.2 Release

FreeBSD 7-PRERELEASE has pf from OpenBSD 4.1. Just compiler says. :)

Vitaliy Vladimirovich wrote:
> --- Original Message --- From: "Mark Pagulayan" To: Date: 18 january, 0=
2:57:30 Subject: PF Performance on FreeBSD 6.2 Release > Hi All, > > > > =
We are planning to upgrade our old Firewall ( PF) boxes which runs on > O=
penBSD 4.0 to run OpenBSD 4.2 because of the improvements being done > on=
 the PF. > > > > I tried to install OpenBSD 4.2 on our new hardware, IBM =
x3655 with an > IBM ServeRaid 8K controller, but unfortunately OpenBSD 4.=
2 does not have > driver support for the IBM ServeRaid 8k controller. I f=
ound by looking > on the internet that FreeBSD supports IBM ServeRaid 8k.=
ent PF > in FreeBSD 6.2? From FreeBSD Handbook: Warning: When browsing th=
e pf user's guide, please keep in mind that different versions of FreeBSD=
 contain different versions of pf. The pf firewall in FreeBSD 5.X is at t=
he level of OpenBSD version 3.5 and in FreeBSD 6.X is at the level of Ope=
nBSD version 3.7. Vit.