Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:51:48 -0600
From:      Stephen Hilton <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
To:        Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and Ogle problems

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:17:01 +0200
Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by> wrote:

> What are these "Eric patches"? What do they do? Do one really really
> need them?
>
> Stephen Hilton wrote:
>
> >I have updated my system to Xfree86 4.3.0 via Eric's patches
> >and most stuff is running fine, but found a problem with ogle.
> >

> [...]

Yury,

The patches were for people to test out Xfree86 version 4.3.0
before it was integrated into the ports tree.

It is now a part of the ports tree, so if you update your
ports tree and then upgrade via ports XFree86-4 you will wind
up with version 4.3.0 (as of today, future updates to later X
versions are standard).

Regards,

Stephen Hilton