Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:26:20 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Marc Liberatore <wingus@student.umass.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port update submission/question

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:04:30AM -0500, Marc Liberatore wrote:
> As I am a believer in the BlackBox window manager, I was saddened to
> discover that bbkeys, a useful utility for it, was not at the latest
> version in the tree.  I attempted to send mail to the maintainer, but
> several hours later got back the dreaded "message undeliverable."
>
> So, I sat down, took a few hours, and took a crack at the port
> system.  Attached is the diff I came up with.  Files/directories
> removed include:
>
> files
> files/patch-aa
>
> Unfortunately, a few problems remain that I don't see a quick solution
> to:
>
> 1.  The manpages that are configured via autoconf (in {WRKDIR}/doc) have
> somewhat mangled paths in their contents.  I looked over some other
> ports, but didn't see how this was handled.
>
> 2.  The "extra documentation" is installed as part of the port, and
> doesn't respect NOPORTSDOC.  This is not new behavior, but I'd like to
> fix it anyway.  I'm not sure whether to somehow modify the configure
> scripts, or modify the Makefile(s) (via a port patch).
>
> If you have the time, feel free to make the fixes.  If not, (or even
> if so) I would greatly appreciate pointers to some sort of
> documentation to clean up these little buglets, and would be glad to
> squash them.

I have to make an apology here: I was offered by the current MAINTAINER to
take over maintainership of various blackbox ports (including bbkeys &
bbpager), but I then failed to act on it. I do intend to, but due to workload
increasing didn't get around to it.  I do have some more spare time now
however, so I'll take a look tomorrow.

As for bbkeys, a patch is already attached at

I'll take a look at your patch and merge the differences if any, as well
as look at the above issues. I'll submit a PR soon.

Thanks,

--Stijn

--
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in
the proper order then why can't he?