Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 21:12:08 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        IAE <IAE@exchange.spb.inkom.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug in network! "No buffer space avaliable"

> 	In my FreeBSD 2.1.5R ( Systems Pent-100/NetCard 3c590/RAM 8M) after
> connected Linux FTP and put Linux side comand 'GET' in my FreeBSD box
> disconnected with network. I try execute command 'ping ...' put result:
> 'ping: sendto: No buffer space avaliable' and normal work repair after
> reboot UNIX.

This sounds very much like the FAQ entry "FreeBSD 2.0 panics with
``kmem_map too small''"

I know you have 2.1.5 and the symptoms are different, but
the disease sounds similar...

> 	How increament available buffers for network !!!

The FAQ prescribes the following line for your kernel config:-

options		"NMBCLUSTERS=<n>"

(where <n> is between 512 and 4096; the FAQ recommends 2048)

and using 'netstat -m' to monitor the system's mbuf usage.