Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:01:52 +0400
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.crimea.ua>
To:        John Estess <jestess@wcnet.net>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cscope man page in text

hi,

On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 06:23:50PM -0500, John Estess wrote:

I suggest to read mdoc(7), mdoc.samples(7) manpages and take a look
to /usr/share/examples/mdoc/

> .Op [options]

.Op options

will be rendered to

"
[options]
"

> .Op [file . . . ]

Same. It should look like

"
.Op file...
"

> .Nm
> examines the C (.c and .h), lex (.l), and yacc (.y) source files in the

In mdoc terms that sentence should look like:

"
.Nm
examines the C
.Pq "\&.c and \&.h" ,
lex
.Pq \&.l ,
and yacc
.Pq \&.y
source files in the
"

> by default, to locate functions, function calls, macros, variables, and
> preprocessor symbols in the files.
>
> .Nm

Try to not to use empty lines. You'll get same effect with ".Pp" macro. And
it's correct.

> ``Issuing Subsequent Requests,'' below.)

``xx'' should be repaced with

"
.Dq xx
"

> Look in incdir (before looking in INCDIR, the standard place for header files,
> normally
> .Pa /usr/include
> ) for any #include files whose names do not begin with ``/'' and that are not

This ".Pa" case should be changed to:

"
.Pa /usr/include )
for any ...
"

> Line-oriented interface (see ``Line-Oriented Interface'' below).

".Dq" again ...

> .Nm
> , including when you build the cross-reference file,

".Nm" is parsable macro and you can use such combination:

"
.Nm Ns ,
"

note: Ns -- no space macro. It's just no-op, but useful no-op :)

> .Nm
> .

"
.Nm Ns .
"

> .Pp
> The
> .Fl I
> ,
> .Fl p
> ,
> .Fl q
> , and
> .Fl T

"
.Pp
The
.Fl I ,
.Fl p ,
.Fl q ,
and
.Fl T
"

looks more elegant, IMHO :)

> the -F option.

the
.Fl F
option.

> Start an interactive shell (type ^d to return to
> .Nm
> ).

.Nm Ns ) .

> escape it by typing a \ (backslash) first.

This string will be rendered to

"
escape it by typing a (backslash) first.
"

because `\' is escape symbol. You need to replace `\' symbol with `\e'.

> with -f.

"
with
.Fl f .
"

> Standard directory for #include files (usually /usr/include).

> .Sh COPYRIGHT

It should be replaced with ".Sh AUTHORS" (by style).

> 17 April 2000 The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.

;-)

--
/* Alexey Zelkin                       && phantom@cris.net    */
/* Tavric National University          && phantom@crimea.edu  */