Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 08:56:12 -0500
From:      Laurence Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>
To:        atabraga@iqm.unicamp.br, Ataualpa Albert Carmo Braga <atabraga@iqm.unicamp.br>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [off topic] Pentium IV

There are no details yet on the Pentium 4 (it is 4 btw, they've dropped the
roman numerals) other than the fact that supposedly its architecture is as new
and different from the rest of the P6 family as the Athlon's is. That, and
supposedly, its going to run at very high (read start at 1.3Ghz) clock rates.
Only time will fill in more of the sketchy details that have been released.

On Sat, 01 Jul 2000, Ataualpa Albert Carmo Braga spoke unto us, and they said:
> Any one know where can i see details about Pentium IV? Like benchmarks
> (no windows ones), or articles ?
>
> Another question: When Intel released Pentium MMX the principal changes
> from Pentium was some instructions in the processor, bud only
> softwares ables to "look for" that instructions worked better. With
> Pentium II ==> Pentium III was the same thing. My question is: Are
> there projects in unix word that take care news softwares become ables
> to works with this "instructions"?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ata.
>
> PS: Sorry for so poor english.