Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:07:08 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        Colin <cwass99@home.com>
Cc:        "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, mcgovern@spoon.beta.com
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic when VESA support compiled in

3.4 was supposed to be "ready" on the 15th ;) Thats probably why you're hearing
about it. However, we still have some big problems to get through with...

As to VESA, I compiled it in here with no problems. The only thing I did with
it, however, was to switch some text modes on the console.

Perhaps a couple of others in the group and try it, and see if its just
your hardware, or whether we can duplicate it.
	-Brian

 >      I'm doing this as fast as I can, unfortunately work keeps interfering w
ith
 > the important things in my life ;)
 >      I turned on VM86, recompiled and it works.  By elimination, the problem
 is
 > in VESA.  From LINT, I surmise that VM86 is required for VESA so I can't rea
lly
 > test that...or can I?  I also need a few hours to make sure it's not somethi
ng
 > I'm doing and is in fact a bug.  That's why I haven't cross posted to -HACKE
RS