Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 22:33:46 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Alexander Sanda <entropy@compufit.at>, wwoods@cybcon.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc 2.8

While it's been several months since I last did a performance comparison
between TenDRA and gcc/egcs, I remember that the TenDRA-compiled code was
significantly slower than the code produced by gcc or egcs.

I could be mistaken.

OTOH, I have some code that uses some "extensions" provided by gcc (labels
as values) that I just haven't figured out how to get TenDRA to compile.
It's no big deal if this code won't compile with TenDRA - it would just
give me another set of routines where I could do a performance test.

I think I'll try compiling another package with TenDRA that has a "useful"
benchmark.  I'll let folks know if I learn anything new.