Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 1999 01:17:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gao Tu <gaotu@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mouse for HP8562 machine

Hi All

I need help. I bought a HP pavilion 8562 machine few
days ago. I tried to install freebsd on it. Before I
install freebsd, I disabled the plug-n-play in bios.

The installation via CDROM worked nicely. However, i
can't configure my mouse. HP's mouse is said to be a
PS/2 compaitable mouse. So, in sysinstall/mouse, I
select type : auto, and port PS/2. When I try to
enable  the mouse, I move the mouse , the screen will
flash and machine sounds running, then it goes back to
configure your mouse page with a line:
/Kernel: psmintr : out of sync (0008 != 0000)

can anyone help me on this ?
Thanks
gao