Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:15:46 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Argh, bounced - resend.  pilot-xfer port problems.

Of course this was one of those long messages, so of course it
got punted.  I'll make it extremely brief this time:

I've inheirited the comms/pilot-xfer port from pst, having recently
purchased a palm pilot, and I want to make it install its many
numerous files in to /usr/local/pilot as the prc-tools port does,
rather than directly into /usr/local (where the stuff gets sort
of buried).

Unfortunately, I cannot add a "--prefix=${PREFIX}/pilot" to
CONFIGURE_ARGS since bsd.port.mk rudely tacks its own --prefix line
onto the end, overriding mine.  I can either change that clause in
bsd.port.mk to say "if defined(GNU_CONFIGURE) && !defined(CONFIGURE_ARGS)"

and then search out all the things which set CONFIGURE_ARGS and
*expect* the prefix to be tacked on, or I can change the line from
"CONFIGURE_ARGS+= ..." to "CONFIGURE_ARGS=--prefix=/usr/local
${CONFIGURE_ARGS}" so that it's possible to append stuff and override
it.

Comments?

				Jordan