Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:27:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@bigbrother.rust.net>
To:        ryan@optimaweb.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS

Absolutely.

I used to run DNS for AGIS (no flames, please, I quit), and we used
FreeBSD for our nameservers.  We did DNS for millions of users, including
some RBOCs.

One nameserver at a remote location stayed up for over eight months; I
finally rebooted it out of sheer cussedness.

The only reason the others didn't stay up that long is that I experimented
on them.  :)

FreeBSD rocks on DNS.

Regards,
Michael